The plant has been in operation since 1954. It is the second largest heat and power generating plant in Warsaw of this type.
Thermal power: 1580 MWt
Electrical power gross: 386 MW
Basic production units:
- 2 fluidized bed boilers
- 5 steam boilers
- 4 hot water boilers
- 8 thermal turbine generators, including backpressure one
- In 2012, we launched the industrial wastewater treatment plant. As a result, we reduced the amount of pollutants discharged into the aquatic environment.
- The process of modernization of the Żerań CHP Plant is underway, in order for it to meet the IED emission standards. Within this project two fluidized-bed boilers got new bag filters (reduction of ash emissions) and a modernized limestone delivery system (reduction of sulfur oxides emissions). Modernization will also include retrofitting the pressure part and auxiliary equipment of both boilers.
- Design works related to the construction of new generating units are also quite advanced. They will replace the current units, utilizing the operations of 5 steam and pulverized coal fired boilers.
- 100 percent of furnace waste is manager.